In this section you will find information on the birds of Lough Carra. The information comes from a vareity of sources over the last hundred years or so. The annotated list of birds gives a general picture of which species have been recorded on or near the lake, together with notes on changes that appear to have occurred.
More detailed information on certain aspects is presented in the other sections, including recent studies on wildfowl numbers.
- Annotated List of the Birds of Lough Carra by Chris and Lynda Huxley - June 2012
- Breeding Bird Census by Chris and Lynda Huxley - June 2012
- Review of Duck Population Changes 1967 - 2006 by Chris Meehan, B.W.H. Stronach, C. Huxley and N. Stronach 2009
- The Fair Maid of Carra - Shooting Times 1st November 1969
- Great White Egret - February 2013 by Lynday Huxley
- Waterfowl Populations 1967-2006 - A Study of the Waterfowl Populations on Lough Carra, County Mayo, 1967 - 2006 by Chris Meehan 2007
- Wildfowl of Lough Carra - Shooting Times 25th October 1969
- Winter Mallard Population - Wildfowl Populations on Lough Carra - Where Have All the Mallard Gone? by Chris Huxley 2003
- Winter Wildfowl Census by Chris and Lynda Huxley 2012